Sunday, August 29, 2010

Introducing new characters in the last chapter

After yellowstone, we had a long windy, dusty, ride out to Boise, where we stayed with the O'melia for the afternoon/night. They took us to the pool, fed us delicious food, and entertained all of our bouncing needs on the trampoline. Thanks, guys! We had an awesome time with you!




Following our stay in Boise, it took us three days to cross the sage desert to get into bend, Oregon. We stopped in with my dear old friend, anthony, and convinced him to let us stay for two days. My life long pal, Tom, has been working, or has been pretending to be working, in the likes of bend- so there were plenty of friends to go around. But, wait! It gets better! Two more friends from home, Eric and Dan, were coincidentally visiting Tom the same time we rolled into town. On our first day off, I went hiking with Tom, eric, and dan, while Anthony tested the buoyancy of Jim and Sam in the river.



Walking around the frozen caldera of the south sister volcano:






On our second day off, we learned not to start fires in the lava caves...

So, this is where the story gets sad- grab some tissues. Yesterday I parted ways with Jim and sam to head up to Portland. It has certainly been one hell of an experience, I'm not sure how I will top this one... The nostalgia already causing some grief!

I'm now in Portland, completely finished with my journey, while Sam and Jim are off to conquer route 101 to San Fransisco. I met up with Tom and eric again here in portland and they were kind enough to give me beer, sushi and their car. Yes, that's right, I can move faster than 45 mph now. I've decided that I'm going to rent a surf board and head out to the beach tomorrow. If I leave early enough, I'm going to try to catch up with Sam and Jim so i can yell obscenities at them, you know, because I just have to fit in the rest of the cars/society now.

I'll upload a ton of photos when i fly home next week. But, don't worry, the blog isn't dead. You just have to wait until Sam and Jim find a computer.




The End (sort of)

Location:SW Carson St,Portland,United States

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Ben, who you met in Ohio. Me and Missy want to say congratulations! I'm amazed and impressed

    ReplyDelete